FEATURED POSTS


John Lewis - The Bear and Hare - 2013 Seasonal CGI Amazing coloured pencil drawings Tokyo City Symphony Luis Nieves - Baywood Red Light

8 September 2013

Mother and daughter create art together....


Okay, so this has been all over the Internet recently, but I really like the images and want them on our blog, so here we go: Professional illustrator Mica Angela Hendricks was taken by surprise when she shared her new sketch book with her 4-year-old daughter. Rather than create pictures of her own, the daughter added bodies on the portrait pictures Mica was working on. Mica was delighted with the stylistic juxtaposition and coloured up the extra parts with extraordinary results:


"Not surprisingly, I LOVED what she drew. I had drawn a woman’s face, and she had turned her into a dinosaur-woman. It was beautiful, it was carefree, and for as much as I don’t like to share, I LOVED what she had created. Flipping through my sketchbook, I found another doodle of a face I had not yet finished. She drew a body on it, too, and I was enthralled. It was such a beautiful combination of my style and hers. And she LOVED being a part of it. She never hesitated in her intent. She wasn’t tentative. She was insistent and confident that she would of course improve any illustration I might have done. …And the thing is, she DID."
















Design at SoVibrant 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for submitting a comment. Don't forget to visit www.sovibrant.co.uk to learn more about our work.